Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy "19" Kimmy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMY!!!

For Kimmy's birthday today she wanted to have a princess tea party. So we did. All of her friends dressed up in their prom dresses(happy to get to wear them again) and we had a fancy luncheon. We got out the china, had little sandwiches and everything. Of course all of the girls got a tiara. They had so much fun. We had a photographer come and take their pictures, then they went to the junction bowling in their dresses. I don't think girls ever out grow wanting to be a princess.
I have very mixed emotions today. I'm so excited that she is growing up and have so many fun adventures ahead of her. But I would also love to just have her be my little girl forever. She moves to New York for 6 months on Wednesday. I know this will be a great experience for her and she will have a wonderful time. Not to mention she will grow up and become independent. I will just miss her so very much. Thank heavens for skype. I love you Kimmy, Happy Birthday little sister!

3 comments:

the warrens said...

happy birthday kimmy! have a blast in NYC. we (especially erik) will miss you.

Amy said...

What a lovely birthday party. I'm happy for Kimmy to get to have an adventure. And from a mom perspective, I can't even imagine the day my own babies grow up and have far off adventures. Hang in there Lydia!

anne said...

Oh - Lyd, I know this is very hard for you - - but that is just part of the whole "mom" thing - letting em go and grow up ! I personally HATE IT ! Good luck Kimmy - what a fun and great adventure for you and congrats, our little lady ! LOVE YOU - - -