Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yummy rolls

I've already had a couple of people call me for my roll recipe so I thought I would just share it with whom ever wants it. It not a family secret, someone asked me if it was, although I did get it from my Aunt Dianne so I call them Diane's rolls.
2 Tlb. yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water. (set aside)
In large mixing bowl mix well:
3 eggs
1 cup mashed potatoes
2 cups scalded milk.
To this mix in:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp salt
4 cups flour
Add yeast water and mix well.
Now add about 3 more cups of flour (until it's not too sticky)
Let rise until double. Roll out cut into squares with a pizza cutter. Brush with butter and fold over. Brush top with butter. Let rise again for about 45 minutes. Bake @ 350 until golden brown.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks!! I have always wanted to try to make them. I am kind of scared of yeast, though. Somehow I always mess it up.

Amy said...

I'm calling them "Lydia's Rolls" and I'm going to go make them right now! Thanks for sharing. -- Amy

Sarah and Trent said...

Cute blog! I'm glad I found it. :) I think they're darling family pics~ you guys make a gorgeous group. Hey and I'm glad you're a runner again-- I bet you missed it!

Jewels said...

Couldn't you just make these rolls nonstop so that we can come by and eat them anytime we want? That would be great.

Cami said...

I tried to make these rolls last night. TRIED. :) I halved the recipe and when I got to the milk I forgot to half it....I remembered when it was almost too late. And then I dumped some of the milk out-along with some of the ingredients. Josh said they still tasted good but I think they were definitely missing something. Oh, my snapfish book just came :) I LOVE it! I hope Josh loves it too.